The Foundation Of The Breed
YOU MUST BE SIGNED IN TO VIEW ALL THE SECTIONS. IT IS A SIMPLE AND EASY PROCESS. NEW INFORMATION IS ADDED TO THE SITE ALMOST EVERYDAY. THANK YOU FOR VISITING.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

YOU MUST BE SIGNED IN TO VIEW ALL THE SECTIONS. IT IS A SIMPLE AND EASY PROCESS. NEW INFORMATION IS ADDED TO THE SITE ALMOST EVERYDAY. THANK YOU FOR VISITING.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MORE FINLEY RIVER CHIEF HISTORY Continued

Go down

MORE FINLEY RIVER CHIEF HISTORY Continued Empty MORE FINLEY RIVER CHIEF HISTORY Continued

Post  finleyriverchief Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:11 pm

Travis Stirek
UKC Board Member
World Ch Beaver Lake Magic went back to Chief top and bottom.

Nt Ch Southern Sound Jimbo
Gr Nt Ch Ch Southern Sound Matlock
Gr Nt Ch Strawberry Mt Korn
Pr Strawberry Mt Sadie
The reason I hunt this bloodlines is a quote an old friend gave me,"Your either making dust or your eating it."

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-23-2009 09:41 PM

Travis Stirek
UKC Board Member
You made me get out some old seven generation pedigrees I have here.My first dog I advertised at stud Nt Ch Owens Glassy Mt Skip shows chief 8 times.And Gr Nt Strawberry Mt Korn(another we advertised) shows him 7 times.

Pr Strawberry Mt Sadie
The reason I hunt this bloodlines is a quote an old friend gave me,"Your either making dust or your eating it."

03-23-2009 09:50 PM

Travis Stirek
UKC Board Member
Dual Grand Hern's Red Eagle Dick was a grandson on his top side.World Ch.Hillbilly Mac's dam was a great granddaughter on her bottom side.Sorry nut I didn't see you had already mentioned Dick.Gr Nt Big Horn Sounder was another Finley River Dan pup.
As I look through these old papers Dan seems to be the common thread that ties alot of the Chief blood in.

Pr Strawberry Mt Sadie

Originally posted by Travis Stirek
Dual Grand Hern's Red Eagle Dick was a grandson on his top side.World Ch.Hillbilly Mac's dam was a great granddaughter on her bottom side.Sorry nut I didn't see you had already mentioned Dick.Gr Nt Big Horn Sounder was another Finley River Dan pup.
As I look through these old papers Dan seems to be the common thread that ties alot of the Chief blood in.

Travis, there are a lot more I am going to put on the thread as time goes on. Finley River Dan was considered by many to be the best reproducing son of Chief. In 1980 he had the World Champion male and female placing 1st and 2nd being out of different females. Then the next year Dick won the World Championship.
Thanks for your comments.
Here is Magic for you.
In a 3 generation pedigree he has 4 dogs that John Monroe offered at stud.

MORE FINLEY RIVER CHIEF HISTORY Continued Scan0054

1985 UKC WORLD CHAMPION GRAND NITE CH. BEAVER LAKE MAGIC

larry ross
UKC Board Member
I HAVE LONE PINE /BOZO HOUNDS MOST PEOPLE DONT KNOW THE FINLEY RIVER INFLUENCE ON THESE HOUNDS LIST SOME HISTORY PLEASE.

GR.NT.CH. MILLION $ CRAZY SADIE
GR.CH.NT.CH AMONS SILVER CR JACKIE
GR.NT.CH. JONES CRAZY COACH
NT.CH. LONE PINE TRAMP
NT.CH. TREE BANGIN GISMO

Originally posted by larry ross
I HAVE LONE PINE /BOZO HOUNDS MOST PEOPLE DONT KNOW THE FINLEY RIVER INFLUENCE ON THESE HOUNDS LIST SOME HISTORY PLEASE.

Ok Larry I will try to deal with this a little. There will be a lot of dogs I won't list but they are easy enough to follow back to these dogs. I will go into more detail in a later post on this.

Duvall's Lone Pine Lady was bred to two littermate brothers.

Finley River Pete and Finley River Spike. Both Grand Nite Champions out of Finley River Chief and Finley River Bell. Bell was also the mother of Finley River Buck.

Now there was another dog advertised called Finley River Spike also. The reason I make mention of this is I have an ad on him on my website. This is Not the Spike I am talking about. I may have an ad on Bell's Spike but haven't run across it yet.

Gr Nt Ch Wolfe's Tree Picking Bill and Nt Ch Lone Pine Eagle and Gr Nt Ch Lone Pine Satan was out of Finley River Spike and Lone Pine Lady.

Nt Ch Tall Oakes Spot and Gr Nt Ch Magills Lone Pine Jill was out of Finley River Pete and Lone Pine Lady.

If people will take the time to check some of these pedigree they will find out that dogs out of these crosses ended up on both sides of the pedigree.

FINLEY RIVER CHIEF also has an impact on the Lone Pine Hounds through Mear's Finley River Dan a son of Chief. Dan was mated to Gr Nt Ch Magills Lone Pine Jill which produced Gr Nt Ch Logans Wild Julie. It also produced Gr Nt Ch Easy Goin Eileen the 1st place hound in the 1980 ACHA World Hunt.

Julie produced Gr Nt Ch Logan's Wild Clover who was bred to Gr Nt Ch Logan's Wild Jeanie. This cross produced Gr Nt Ch Wessel's Wild Casey.

Wild Jeanie was out of Gr Nt Ch River Bend Flag and Gr Nt Ch Magill's Lone Pine Jill. Flag also has Finley River Chief in his pedigree with his great grandmother being directly out of Chief.

MORE FINLEY RIVER CHIEF HISTORY Continued Scan0191

GRAND NITE CHAMPION LONE PINE SATAN

MORE FINLEY RIVER CHIEF HISTORY Continued Scan0190

GRAND NITE CH. LONE PINE SATAN - BOLAN'S SUE PUPS FOR SALE

MORE FINLEY RIVER CHIEF HISTORY Continued Scan0134

MAGILL'S LONE PINE SPORT

MORE FINLEY RIVER CHIEF HISTORY Continued Scan0143

NITE CHAMPION MUDDY LANE QUEEN

MORE FINLEY RIVER CHIEF HISTORY Continued Scan0150

GRAND NITE CHAMPION WESSEL'S WILD CARD

MORE FINLEY RIVER CHIEF HISTORY Continued Scan0314

GRAND NITE CHAMPION WOLFE'S TREE PICKING BILL

truly
UKC Board Member

history nutt
this is a very nice compilation of information. thanks for the effort. some time ago i started a thread suggesting that this website ARCHIVE this sort of info so that anyone could have quick access to this sort of info on any prominent dog that anyone was willing to put the info together on. my thread got little attention at the time, but this is exactly the sort of info that would be great to have available. EVERYONE, please encourage UKC to archive this sort of info!

http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...threadid=252857

03-24-2009 01:45 PM

HistoryNutt
UKC Board Member

Thanks Truly and I agree. I have seen too many threads deleted that had a lot of good information. It seems to me that it would almost be as easy to delete the offending post instead of a thread with a lot of good information also.

I know this is UKC's site but I would think they would be all about preserving the history even if some of the letters in some of the KCs aren't to their liking.

UKC is where the history of our breeds are as far as bloodlines. As much as that is true it is also true that at one time ACHA was the World Hunt. It was the one hunt people wanted to win. Like it or not that is a part of history. But when a thread might be deleted just because someone uses letters at times different then the letters U K C and information is lost is a shame.

I would hope UKC would champion saving this history.

All of the information I have put on this thread is on my website but it takes a while to put it together. I am working on another site so that the information might be easier to find about certain strains of hound.

But I agree with you UKC should take advantage of their board and instead of deleting some of this useful information, put it where people can access it.

Save the history so that people new to the sport can learn about the history if they desire. To know where we are going we need to see where we have been.

Travis Stirek
UKC Board Member

Re: FINLEY RIVER CHIEF LONE PINE INFLUENCE

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by HistoryNutt

Duvall's Lone Pine Lady was bred to two littermate brothers.

Finley River Pete and Finley River Spike. Both Grand Nite Champions out of Finley River Chief and Finley River Bell. Bell was also the mother of Finley River Buck.

Gr Nt Ch Wolfe's Tree Picking Bill and Nt Ch Lone Pine Eagle and Gr Nt Ch Lone Pine Satan was out of Finley River Spike and Lone Pine Lady.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wolfe's Tree Picking Bill ties two other popular strains back to Chief.Through a daughter of Bills named Nt Ch Stoney Roads Ida Mae.They bred may to Gr Nt Powers' Tidewater Shep and that produced a female named Davids Dinah.Dinah was bred to Yadkin River Jeff and littermate brothers Southern Sound Jake and Yadkin River Crowder were born.Crowder was old Sacketts sire so there you have chief tied to Southern Sound and Sackett.

Hope I didn't jump too far forward on you History but you got me so excited on this post.LOL Thanks again for all the cool info

HistoryNutt
UKC Board Member

Re: Re: FINLEY RIVER CHIEF LONE PINE INFLUENCE

quote:
Originally posted by Travis Stirek
Wolfe's Tree Picking Bill ties two other popular strains back to Chief.Through a daughter of Bills named Nt Ch Stoney Roads Ida Mae.They bred may to Gr Nt Powers' Tidewater Shep and that produced a female named Davids Dinah.Dinah was bred to Yadkin River Jeff and littermate brothers Southern Sound Jake and Yadkin River Crowder were born.Crowder was old Sacketts sire so there you have chief tied to Southern Sound and Sackett.

Hope I didn't jump too far forward on you History but you got me so excited on this post.LOL Thanks again for all the cool info

Travis, thanks for the information and no you didn't jump too far forward. Very useful information you shared for anyone interested in Finley River Chiefs History through his reproducing.

I tried to PM you but your mailbox is full. You were correct and I have corrected what you mentioned.

Sites I like to visit that have a lot of information:

www.finleyriverchief.com

A Lot Of Old Pictures And Ads

https://finleyriverchief.forumotion.net

Register On The Above Forum To See A Lot More Old Pictures And Ads.
There are more that you can't access unless registered.

Last edited by HistoryNutt on 03-24-2009 at 10:37 PM

03-24-2009 10:21 PM

Robert Starke
UKC Board Member

Yadkin River Jane
If I remember correctly, she was a direct daughter of Finley River Chief and is in Yadkin River Jeff's pedigree.
Thanks HistoryNutt for all the research and time you have put into the history of the Walkers. It really brings to light the foundation of the modern day hound and how to breed them back to one another.
Good hunting,
Robert

Ch. Starke's Finley River Tom
Ch. Starke's Table Rock Jewell
Ch. Track Man's Trouble
Starke's Finley River Dixie-(2) 1st

Originally posted by Robert Starke
If I remember correctly, she was a direct daughter of Finley River Chief and is in Yadkin River Jeff's pedigree.
Thanks HistoryNutt for all the research and time you have put into the history of the Walkers. It really brings to light the foundation of the modern day hound and how to breed them back to one another.
Good hunting,
Robert

You remember correct Robert.

MORE FINLEY RIVER CHIEF HISTORY Continued Yadkin_River_Jeff_add-1

NITE CHAMPION YADKIN RIVER JEFF PEDIGREE

When people are aware of the footing in the foundation it will allow them to make wiser picks in their breeding program.

I am finally getting my data base set up and running well and it is surprising sometimes when you carry a pedigree out far enough.

I am carrying John Monroe's Buck Creek Ike's pedigree out. I knew he went back to Finley River Chief a number of times but I didn't realize Mear's Finley River Dan was in his pedigree.

HistoryNutt
UKC Board Member

MORE FINLEY RIVER CHIEF HISTORY Continued Scan0071-1

2009 WORLD CHAMPION NITE CHAMPION BUCK CREEK IKE

Owned By JOHN J. MONROE

IKE is John Monroe's newest hound. He goes back to Finley River Chief a number of times. I am still carrying it out but will post how many times and what Chief hounds he has in him when I am finished. I do know he goes back to Mear's Finley River Dan

reddogg
UKC Board Member

btt
I cant belive all the info on here .GREAT JOB

HistoryNutt
UKC Board Member

Re: btt

quote:
Originally posted by reddogg
I cant belive all the info on here .GREAT JOB

Thanks reddogg. Have a lot more I want to put up in time.
finleyriverchief
finleyriverchief
Admin

Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-14

https://finleyriverchief.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down