The Foundation Of The Breed
YOU MUST BE SIGNED IN TO VIEW ALL THE SECTIONS. IT IS A SIMPLE AND EASY PROCESS. NEW INFORMATION IS ADDED TO THE SITE ALMOST EVERYDAY. THANK YOU FOR VISITING.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

YOU MUST BE SIGNED IN TO VIEW ALL THE SECTIONS. IT IS A SIMPLE AND EASY PROCESS. NEW INFORMATION IS ADDED TO THE SITE ALMOST EVERYDAY. THANK YOU FOR VISITING.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hall of Fame

Go down

Hall of Fame Empty Hall of Fame

Post  BGathright Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:03 am

I was looking at the list of dogs in the Treeing Walker Hall of Fame. The first class of dogs were inducted in 1968. They were: Johnson's Banjo, Merchant's Bawlie, Shetler's Sonny Boy, Miller's Little Joker, and the Incredible Rock.

The first class of females were inducted in 1970 and they were: Miller's Roxie, Bixler's Supreme Sally, House's Queen and Merchant's Fannie.

What I found interesting was that Finley River Chief was not inducted until 1974. He was inducted AFTER his son, World Champion Finley River Spot (1971), and I believe his grandson, World Champion Spring Creek Smokey (1970).

Other dogs inducted before him were:
1969 - White River King, Motley's Missouri Major;
1970 - World Champion White River Boone, Merchant's Banjo II, World Champion Deep River Mike;
1971 - World Champion Katie's Rowdy, World Champion Carolina Casey, World Champion Stan's Sailor Boy;
1972 - World Champion House's Bawlie, Illinois Mack, World Champion Stan's Sailor Jr.
1973 - Cherry River Banjo

It seems to me that winning the World Championship is given a great deal of weight when it comes to induction into the Hall of Fame. Of all the dogs inducted before Chief, maybe Johnson's Banjo, Merchant's Bawlie, Sonny Boy, House's Bawlie and Queen, Sailor Boy and Sailor Jr may have had an equal impact on the Walker Breed. Of the House strain, how much of it is related to Johnson's Banjo / House's Queen mating (House's Chief) or to House's Bawlie?

Just some thoughts.........

BGathright

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Back to top Go down