The Foundation Of The Breed
YOU MUST BE SIGNED IN TO VIEW ALL THE SECTIONS. IT IS A SIMPLE AND EASY PROCESS. NEW INFORMATION IS ADDED TO THE SITE ALMOST EVERYDAY. THANK YOU FOR VISITING.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

YOU MUST BE SIGNED IN TO VIEW ALL THE SECTIONS. IT IS A SIMPLE AND EASY PROCESS. NEW INFORMATION IS ADDED TO THE SITE ALMOST EVERYDAY. THANK YOU FOR VISITING.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Willow Slough Kate

2 posters

Go down

Willow Slough Kate Empty Willow Slough Kate

Post  spot Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:09 pm

Does anyone out there have, or know of, an extended pedegree for Willow Slough Kate? The missing pieces seem to be the dogs behind Oak Ridge Hired Hand and Nelson's Queen. Any help would be appreiciated.

spot

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Willow Slough Kate Empty Nelson's Queen - Oak Ridge Hired Hand

Post  finleyriverchief Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:57 am

Nelson's Queen was out of Ch. Nite Ch. Nelson's Butch and Nelson's Smoky. Smoky was a single registered dog. Of course Butch was the sire of Oak Ridge Missouri Bugler and grandsire of Table Rock Flying Hawk.

Hired Hand was out of Nite Ch. Huisman's Sam and Harsha's Prairie Star.

Sam's mother Huisman's Melody Lou was out of Merchant's Bawlie and Bixler's Supreme Sally.

Star's father was out of Hershberger's Spot Jr who was also the father of Hershberger's Okla Spot and Stan's Sailor Boy.
finleyriverchief
finleyriverchief
Admin

Number of posts : 4383
Registration date : 2008-08-14

https://finleyriverchief.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Willow Slough Kate Empty Willow Slough Kate, Spring Creek Rock

Post  spot Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:29 pm

Thanks for your help! Your quick response has spurred some more questions. 1. Is there any info on the sire of Huisman's Sam? 2. Do you have any info about the history of Motley's Oklahoma Candy? 3. Do you have any info on the dogs behind the sire and dam of both Shetler's Sonny Boy and Bixler's Supreme Sally? Thank you for any help you can give me.

spot

Back to top Go down

Willow Slough Kate Empty Re: Willow Slough Kate

Post  finleyriverchief Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:05 am

I'll try to get the info up for you in the next few days.
finleyriverchief
finleyriverchief
Admin

Back to top Go down

Willow Slough Kate Empty Motley's Missouri Candy

Post  finleyriverchief Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:05 pm

You asked about Motley's Oklahoma Candy, I am assuming you meant Missouri Candy. If so here is the info on Candy. She was out of Coffey's Hardtwist who was Incredible Rock, White River Boone, Blue Grass Booze Again, and Motley bred, His grand mother being a sister to Motley's Mo. Major. Her bottom side is Blue Grass Booze Again and White River Boone.

Shetler's Sonny Boy father was a dog named Taylor's Sonny Boy. He sold for $500.00 as a 10 year old hound which would have been in the early 50's. Even at 10 he would go and go and had no quit in him according to his new owner.

Sonny Boy's mother was a dog called Uhl's Nancy that was a top coonhound owned by a George Uhl of Millersburg, Ohio. She died after whelping Sonny Boy's litter. Only 3 of the 4 pups lived and the owner was so disgusted that he quit hunting. A.K. Taylor who owned Taylor's Sonny Boy at the time got (the to be) Shetler's Sonny Boy as a stud fee pup.

I don't recall any info about Sam's sire as I write this.

I do have info about Sally but not right at hand and don't want to mis-speak. I will try to get that info for you later.
finleyriverchief
finleyriverchief
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  spot Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:08 am

Thank you, your help is greatly appreciated.

spot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down